Current Favourites (Nov 2015)

02:56


For my first post I was a little unsure of what to focus on but settled on what random things I'm currently liking!

Black boots

Although I often deny this through justification of different material, different heel heights, different styles, the fact is that I own too many pairs of black boots. 

However, this pair is my favourite. I've had them for a while but I still love them - the material, the subtle point of the toe and the ease to slip on and off makes them perfect. Their simplicity means that they are very versatile; appropriate dressed up or down, with trousers or dresses. They are extremely comfortable and practical. Practicality is a necessity because as students we walk almost everywhere (or at least attempt to) and in addition, where we attend university is fairly hilly. 

Black boots in general are a style essential, practically mandatory for winter. I purchased this pair on sale from Topshop for £20 (maybe even £15) which is an absolute steal, especially considering how much I wear them.





Music

I love music with rap and 00s RnB being my most listened to genres. Us 3 often break out into (literal) song and dance when reminiscing about old school RnB over dinner or while walking to lectures. However all-time favourite songs is a completely different post; one which shall require much whittling down from an extensiveeeeeeee list. 

Back to the topic and so these have been my current favourite songs to listen to:

·      I Used to Love H.E.R – Common
·      Bad Blood – NAO
·      Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
·      Love for That – Mura Masa
·      Under Control – The Internet


Letters of Note

Being a law student means that I have to read a lot of material. A LOT! Textbooks, articles, cases… it feels never-ending  So unfortunately, my preferred method for relaxation rather than more reading is watching a show. It’s a shame because I love getting absorbed into a book, whether it be fiction or non-fiction and some of my best memories are associated with books.

However this book is the perfect cure for “reader’s block”. Reading a letter or two is the ideal solution of how to read to relax. You aren’t overwhelmed by a 500 or 600 page tome (which can be wonderful) but instead short letters. 

As the title would suggest, it contains “Letters of Note”. The letters contained run the gamut; inspiring, witty, charming, tragic… Whatever the mood, there is a letter to read. Each 2-3 pages contains a clear printed version of the letter, sometimes a copy of it in its original form and some background to help give some context and there are pictures of the writers are dispersed throughout. There is a letter appropriate for every occasion and reading it has revived my love for hand written notes.

There is a website too which is definitely worth checking out - http://www.lettersofnote.com









Skype/FaceTime

This is super random and I'm well aware that Skype is nothing new but I have been much more appreciative of it as of late. Although I noted earlier that I like letters, Skype is a much more efficient method of keeping in contact. I use it to keep in touch with Hanis and Sam when I'm away from university as well as keeping in touch with family and friends when I'm at uni. 

Being away at university inevitably means being separated from family and friends. This is not necessarily a negative because university is an opportunity to meet new people, experience new things and gives you a slice of independence. However it is still nice to have a taste of home and Skype (or FaceTime) is wonderful for this. Although, of course, it doesn't quite feel the same as when you are actually with your friends, it is infinitely better than nothing at all!

Due to differing timetables and activities it can be difficult to keep in contact.  Like anything, friendship takes effort and otherwise it can die out, but the “effort” it involves feels nothing like work. It is is simply about making time for the people you love. We text all the time and try to schedule weekly Skype sessions which I genuinely look forward to.  It is lovely to catch up and much more personal than a phone call. 

So even though I've had Skype for yearrsssss, I still thought that it could be counted as a current favourite. It's always important to keep in mind what matters, especially with the holidays looming since it's supposed to be a time when family and friends come together.


Thank you for taking the time to read

Amy :)  X



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

testing